Circle of Light

What does it mean to live in my circle of light? For me, it's a combination of inspiration! I have been privileged to receive teaching from several men of God, Brother Zac Poonen and Brother Wayne Weaver. Brother Zac has taught about staying within the circle God has placed around me, and Brother Wayne talks about living according to the light God shines upon me. When I combine those two thoughts a beautiful concept emerges.

In the world around us there is darkness and confusion and sin. Picture a stage light beaming down on one certain spot, bringing illumination and direction and order. I may not be able to pierce the blackness all around, but if God is shining a light on a specific area, I can walk in the security and purpose He gives to me right in that spot. Jesus is that Light.

"Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." (John 8:12 NLT) And in John 12:46 Jesus says, "I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."

It's a beautiful thing to live precisely within the circle God has drawn around my life. He has a specific plan for me. This circle may seem small, but if the inspiration for my life comes from keeping my eyes on Jesus, it is rich, fulfilling, and delightful. I have no lack. I am content.

It is when I strain to break out of this plan that problems arise. Jealousy, unrest, discontent, fear, comparisons, resentment...usually directed at someone I admire or wish to measure up to. Maybe it's some idea I want to act upon but discover God is saying, "No!" Whatever it is I am reaching for outside of God's plan for me, it will always bring darkness and confusion.

I must always strive to grow and learn, but this circle has to do with choosing to hear and follow the Voice of the Lord, regardless of the temptations and storms within and without. It's about being satisfied in Christ. No matter if I do face impossibilities, the sustaining presence of God is all I need to overcome the darkness and live in a Circle of Light.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this post, Karyn. I always enjoy your thoughts here and on FB. Seem you and your husband always share things that we are dealing with in our own lives and we so appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do thank God that you have received courage!
      God bless you in the journey of seeking His will.

      Delete

Post a Comment