GOD WILL DELIVER


Some of my thoughts of late...

I have to trust God. When the giants are huge, the fears overwhelming, I choose to trust Him. When I've failed...again...I get back up and believe He still loves and forgives and saves me.

We like to think everything will fall into place delightfully and peacefully if God controls our lives and we've surrendered to Him. The truth is that He allows trials to test our faith in Him. These same problems cause us to need Him. The breaking of our self-will, of our own strength, makes way for the Holy Spirit to completely fill our lives.

In 1 Samuel there's an example of God bringing deliverance, but it's certainly not in the way we would plan. David killed the giant and it seemed the kingdom of Israel would soon be his. He had already been anointed as the next king. Instead, he ends up running from Saul and hiding out in caves. In the place of captivity, David refreshed himself in God. He had to wait for God's time, God's deliverance... but he kept turning to God despite the apparent defeat. Eventually, the promise was fulfilled.

Here I am. I gave my life to Christ many years ago. Now it would be "nice" to reach some plateau of ease in which problems fade into the mists. Instead, they seem to intensify. What to do? I suppose I'm a difficult student, but the light is dawning!

These trials and tests are all for my benefit. If I were to live on a problem-free island, I wouldn't need God. I would most likely forget Him altogether. But God is working to make me into the image of His Son. He is patiently carving out the "me" and  replacing it with "Jesus" so that He alone is glorified.

Faith is what pleases God. Not having it all figured out. Not doing everything right. Faith. So in the times when it's tough to go on, I choose to trust Him.

All that is what this song is about :)

GOD WILL DELIVER
The giant was killed God's plan was fulfilled
And David had sweet victory
The kingdom of Israel was free

Then trials set new battles begin
He finds himself running from Saul
No peace and no freedom at all

Chorus:
But God will deliver again
His ways are not mine His thoughts are divine
I rest in His unfailing grace

Instead of a throne He hides among stones
This cannot be what God has planned
In courage and hope he must stand

From sin I'm set free new Light I now see
Then troubles bring heartache and pain
Discouraged I start to complain

No matter the test God's name I'll confess
By faith I reach out for His hand
Secure in my Savior I stand

Comments

  1. Great post, Karyn! I am in this journey too - learning to trust and have faith in HIM at ALL times and in ALL things no matter what! Keep sharing your wisdom! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment