A Beautiful Woman...Part 4

As I reach the close of this series on 'A Beautiful Woman' I am made aware of how much I still don't understand. But isn't that the beauty of this life in Jesus? We live in Him day by day, discovering more and more of His truth as we forsake our own ideas and believe His glorious plan!

Day 4...
Today I approach Song of Songs with expectancy, hope, and more security in Jesus. Yet, I battle with a measure of fear that I might overstep my bounds. You know, become too familiar with royalty; go up higher when I have not been invited.

What does Jesus say to a still-cautious heart like mine?

O, wonder of wonders! Can God's answer be more specific than this?

The very beginning of this portion of Song of Songs proclaims, "I have entered My garden, My treasure, My bride!" (Song of Songs 5)

This, to me, sounds very much like a Young Man who is taking pleasure in His wife. It does not seem, in the least, like He resents His bride or wishes to push her down into a lowly, forgotten corner of His estate. No! No! No! He calls her "My garden, My treasure, My bride" as if He has proudly taken full possession and is completely satisfied!

I am speechless with wonder...and sit quietly for a time, just basking in the pure beauty of this fresh revelation.

If Jesus delights in me, whom have I to fear? What problem can't He solve? When would He refuse to protect me? Each new situation that arises to cause fear, worry, or questions is another opportunity to run to Him and let Him know I need Him.

Deep, total, complete surrender to, and dependence upon, Jesus is what makes me the most beautiful of all. Then He says, "Even among sixty queens and eighty concubines and countless young woman, I would still choose my dove, my perfect one." (Song of Songs 6)

"I slept, but my heart was awake, when I heard my Lover knocking and calling: 'Open to Me, My treasure, My darling, My dove, My perfect one.'" (Song of Songs 6) Sometimes I am "asleep" and don't understand or even know what is happening or why Jesus seems far away. I wonder if I am still loved. But in His time, He comes to me and reassures me of His love and that I am perfect in Him. Why? Because I am leaning on Him for all the answers to life's questions.

In the last portion of Song of Songs (7 and 8) I am completely awed by Jesus' delight in me. I believe it to be the purest form of intimacy possible. It is filled with His words of love and satisfaction. Why? I believe this happens when I utterly and totally give myself to Him - body, soul, and spirit.

He is my all, my life, my love. Now He has full freedom to perfect and possess every part of me.

"I am my Lover's, and He claims me as His own." (Song of Songs)

I shall live the rest of my life seeking to know Him better. The marvelous and glorious awakening when I see Him face to face and sit at His banquet table and we are one in the perfection of heavenly marriage is now the dream I cling to with all my heart.

Here are the last 2 verses of Song of Songs...

The Young Man says, "O my darling, lingering in the gardens, your companions are fortunate to hear your voice. Let me hear it, too!"

He is jealous and passionate in His love for me. He wants companionship. He desires a relationship.

The young woman pleads, "Come away, my Love! Be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices."

She is asking Him to overcome every obstacle in her path. She invites Him into her life to enjoy it with her always. They will leap and skip over the mountains together. Forever.

Jesus is making His bride beautiful! How amazingly privileged I am to be His bride!

The end!

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your series, Karyn. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It has been a long time since I read the Song of Solomon, but you have made me want to go through it again - in new light. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment