Confidence in God

Maybe I am one of those people that are labeled "slow learners" because I seem to have to retake quite a number of my tests of late. Lessons I thought I learned in the past come up again and I fail. I am deeply grateful to have a Teacher who faithfully explains the difficult portions to me over and over again. With His patient tutoring, I can succeed!

I have gone through a struggle with darkness, unbelief, and fear, but I have heard the voice of Jesus calling to me at last. It began with a verse, Hebrews 4:16, "Let us come to the throne of God with confidence, so we can receive mercy and find grace to help us when we need it most." This convinced me that my fearful inhibitions really don't please God, and He can't help me if I won't trust Him to deliver me. Of one thing I was quite sure...this was a time I needed Him most!

I read the promises in Isaiah 49 and it melted me into tears of thanksgiving. When I humbled myself and received God's mercy, His Word was, once again, full of hope and direction. I will share some of it with you...

Isaiah 49...

"He has hidden me in the shadow of His hand...He said, 'You will bring Me glory.'

"At just the right time I will respond to you. On the day of salvation I will help you...I will protect you...I will say to the prisoners, 'Come out in freedom,' and to those in darkness, 'Come into the light.'"

"They will be My sheep, grazing in green pastures on hills that were previously bare. They will neither hunger nor thirst.' For the Lord in His mercy will lead them; He will lead them beside cool waters. 'And I will make my mountains into level paths for them.'"

"For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion on them in their suffering. 'See, I have written your name on the palms of My hands.'"

"Those who trust in me will never be put to shame."

"All the world will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the mighty One of Israel."

How can I ever think God has forgotten me? He goes to great lengths to convince me of how precious I am to Him. In one place He says a nursing mother might even forget her baby, but He would never forget His children! That is how much love He has for me.

 All the pain is forever worth it all if I hear Jesus speaking and know He is making me more like Him through these trials. In everything I face, He has a distinct purpose in mind for my good and His glory.

My feelings won't always cooperate, my mind spins in circles, but I can still safely trust in Him all the time!

This life is about relationship with God through Jesus. He wants fellowship restored that was lost in the garden of Eden. He is looking for a relationship of trust and love between Himself and man. I am His child and I don't need to be ashamed. How sweet and how amazing it is!


Comments