My Light

There is that verse for the second time in a week...

"Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my Light." Micah 7:8

Both times it seemed to be highlighted just for me. I really stopped and took notice today. The fact is, I feel like I am sitting in darkness much of the time, due to the intense, ongoing struggle. I am sure it's not only my struggle, we all have issues that leave us in the dark. But what to do with it all?

Again and again, I am confronted with the darkness within...resentments, criticisms, hurts, jealousies, fears, frustrations...it could be a whole host of other problems. These tempt me with a mighty vengeance, fighting to plunge my soul into eternal death.

I am not depressed, I still have that inexplicable rest, joy pushes through the battle lines, but the war is real and I get hit, dropping to the ground many a time.

What is God saying to me? He is trying to get me to realize that He is still my Light in the midst of my great need and failure. Why? Because I trust Him. Because He is my Provider, Defender, and Father. I don't know all the answers to why, but I believe His promise.

By faith I reach out my hand to Jesus, surrender each problem to Him, open my heart to His guidance, and expect Him to lead me into His brilliant Light.

Many times I stumble in this darkness as I try to follow Jesus. It doesn't seem like a tidy, orderly (I crave order!) environment. No, it's messy and tumultuous.

But, again, it is faith that pleases God. Good works, order, and discipline have their place, but at the end of time God is looking for faith despite troubles. A life of faith. Faith during intense testing. He wants me to understand that He will always be my Light, based on His Word. It's not about how I feel, what I go through, all that.

In the midst of seeming chaos, I choose, sometimes moment by moment, to rest in God's grace and mercy. Because I know, I know the Lord is my Light. I have the privilege of lifting my eyes off the darkness and fixing them on Him.

This verse is a promise I stand on by faith!



Comments