With Thanksgiving!

In this year of new beginnings and celebration of God's bountiful provision I am discovering the delights of gratitude. It is life-changing to be thankful! No wonder God instructs us to give thanks in everything. It makes life beautiful!

It is a time of jubilee for our family…


Jubilee 
noun
1. any season or occasion of rejoicing or festivity.
4.Old Testament  a year that was to be observed every 50th year,
during which Hebrew slaves were to be liberated,
alienated property was to be restored, etc

No, we have not been married 25 years yet (make that 20!), and no one has reached 50 years of age (please, I'm not even 40!), both of which are associated with jubilee. I think it has more to do with the Old Testament definition of jubilee. Dale and I just have a sense that this is our own year of jubilee…celebration, restoration, and thanksgiving for what God has done for us.

However, as we know from the Word of God, we are to make thankfulness a lifestyle:

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:18

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Colossians 3:17

"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." 
Ephesians 5:20

So I am reading the Bible with the specific purpose of finding the verses on thanksgiving or praise. And by the way, I am an avid reader but there is no other book that affects every area of life like the Bible does. It is THE Book of Inspiration and Wisdom for all ages because it is divinely inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

Can I be thankful even for negative situations? Yes! Because giving of thanks has to do with God's plan, His command, actually, not with circumstances. 

Does this negate the fact that I have reason, at this very moment, to be really sad, really fearful, or really angry? No! But I believe a thankful heart will turn to the One true Answer for all of life - Jesus. 

Jesus is not a bandage or a present handed out to just anyone and everyone on a whim of man. But He is the gift and power of God to those who truly believe in His blood sacrifice for all of mankind. When I am hidden in Him, He becomes all I need for every circumstance I will ever face in life. 

And that is resounding, abundant cause for thanksgiving!

So, by the grace of God, I proceed with baby steps onto the path of thankfulness. I stumble and fall but God is holding my hand and teaching me how to keep walking.

I am thankful for these precious darling children God gave to my husband and me!


Julian is 17 years of age and Jacquelyn 15. We have lots of fun together…I love my teenagers!


My husband and I have shared 20 years together. Years of joy and sorrow; pleasure and pain; laughter and tears; failure and triumph. We are learning how to be ONE! I love Dale more than anyone in the world! It is a beautiful relationship because of Jesus, who is our Lord!  


If you get the feeling my life revolves around Jesus, you couldn't be more right! I'm not perfect in that pursuit, but it is my ultimate goal in life because He alone makes me complete. I can never thank Him enough for giving purpose to my life.

Comments

Post a Comment