Chair Rescue

From Trash to Treasure!



I feel slightly trashy about this but I do admit to having picked up three chairs that were stashed with garbage curbside! At the time I was rather desperate for a few more chairs and decided these might just be my answer.



There is a need for patching and gluing first. The fabric seat really grossed me out, so it had to go, padding and all.


I spent a few dollars for wood filler and tried to fill the gaps in this chair back.


Without enough clamps to do the job properly I resorted to duct tape to hold the glued chair seats in place.



I wonder, will there ever come a time when I have nothing to paint?


My patched, painted, padded, and reupholstered chair!



I moved it into the front foyer and think it's a better fit than in the guest room.


Who doesn't like green in springtime? These bright and happy green chairs are my favorite!



They are quite sturdy after my ministrations, except for the backs, which require some expert assistance from my husband! Julian and Dale helped me screw pieces of plywood to the undersides after I glued the seats.


It's safe to say they add a dash of cheer to our dining room! 

All in all, the outcome has a decidedly less-than-trashy feel to it, although it's still a bit demoralizing to stop and pick up stuff off the curb. Maybe I am too proud?

Either way, I am quite thankful for a few more decent chairs and keep learning new tricks and techniques as I work on these treasures picked up here and there.

And now, one more splash of green, a ball of blossoms from the snowball viburnum right outside my living room window!


Comments

  1. Love what you did with the chairs! I'm glad I'm not the only one who rescues "junk" from curbsides.:-) As embarrassing as it may be at the time, it's always worth it! Thanks for coming to our sale! I think you look familiar so I probably saw you but didn't realize who you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you on the junk rescue! I probably would have introduced myself but you were talking to another lady and I was not about to interrupt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karyn! These are so pretty! I LOVE finding bargains...especially FREE ones! I've been known to do things like this, believe me, and my pride kind of just goes out the window when I find a treasure like this. LOL! You did a great job on these. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging and understanding!

      Delete

Post a Comment