Why God Cares

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him?" Psalm 8:3-4 

Have you ever wondered why God cares for people? I have! Consider the fact that He is the absolute Lord, Master, and King of the universe. I am too minor of a creature for Him to even know about my existence. Yes, I know He created me but I am only one in a vast number of created beings and certainly not outstanding.

Yet, when I read that verse, the question came up again. So I sincerely asked God why He even thinks of me, much less cares for a wretch like me! I meant it too, because I was rather low on joy and high on distress.

The very next thing He spoke was absolutely breathtaking! It was 
one sentence from John 15:9 on a tiny card...

"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me."

I still burst into tears at those words. The reason He cares is because He loves in a way I cannot fully understand. Jesus loves me as much as His Father loves Him, according to that verse. It is too wonderful for words! I will never be able to comprehend such love and care from the Lord of all creation, but I have chosen to believe it with all my heart. How vast is my Father's love!

Manifold trials may surround me to suffocate my hope in Christ but when I receive a fresh revelation of His love toward me, I am broken and amazed and set free to worship Him with my life.

I believe the enemy of our souls is on a desperate mission to blind our eyes to the truly astounding magnitude of the Father's love. We would be the strongest, most dangerous foes of Satan if we lived continually in the security of this love. You can be quite sure that hearing these words from my Lord has put a fight in me. I cannot afford to wallow in fear and discouragement, ever.

Why would I want to stand in the battle lines with the enemy of my soul? But that is exactly what I am doing when I live in fear, guilt, discouragement, etc... No, a thousand times, no! I must ever stand and fight with the army of the Living God, for this God is also my Father and loves me more deeply than I can know. 

By faith, then, I love and am loved. God cares and that is cause for rest and peace, joy and hope forevermore!

Comments

  1. What words I needed to hear, Karyn! His unconditional love for me is a hard thing for me to grasp - even a little sometimes! Thanks for sharing your encouraging thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment