Lights Aglow

"For with You is the fountain of life;
in Your Light we see light."
A Psalm of David

Sparkle and shine!


That's what I wanted from my lamps 
on either side of the front door.



The former condition of these lamps did not sit well with me 
but I kept putting off the inevitable job of taking them apart 
and taping off the brick in order to spray paint them 
because I was uncertain whether my plan would work. 
Oh, and it wasn't something I could do in a hurry!


I would guess they were polished brass at one time
but deteriorated into this tarnished shade. 
(That pesky bulb would not come out of the socket 
so it got the tape job, too.)

Here's a look at the front of the house when we first saw it.


Just a bit raggle-taggle, you might say!

Let the taping and spraying begin.

By the way,
here's a new use 
for bright orange card stock 
that I doubt I would ever 
have used for cards anyway...


I held a piece of cardboard in one hand 
to help protect the trim and bricks 
from overspray while spraying away with the other. 
I will say it worked pretty well, 
but I didn't scrutinize my work too closely.

The paint took a long time to dry
I tried to work with it in about half an hour
and made a mess with fingerprints
because it was terribly sticky yet,
so I had to respray a bit of it. 

I then decided to let it sit 
for several hours, 
after which it was fine
to assemble all the pieces.



There is something warm and welcoming
about a glowing lamp.

"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, 
"I am the Light of the world,
he who follows Me
will not walk in the darkness,
but will have the Light of life."
John 8:12

I love Light! 
May Jesus teach me how 
to live and walk in the Light of life.

Comments