Eagerly Waiting

"He will come again, 
not to deal with our sins, 
but to bring salvation to all who are 
eagerly waiting for Him."
Hebrews 9:28

Yes, it's true, Jesus will return to the earth someday and take His bride to live with Him forever. But am I eagerly waiting for Him? Do I pray for Him to be released to come? Do I believe He is actually looking for people who long to be united with Him? These are questions I have pondered for months.

An elder in our church talked about how he believes the return of Christ is directly related to the request of His people on earth, those who ask Him to come take them to Himself. It resonated in my heart and I saw it as truth. It has brought an excitement to my heart as I pray for this beautiful union to come to pass!

"And we believers also groan,
even though we have the Holy Spirit within us
as a foretaste of future glory,
for we long for our bodies
to be released from sin and suffering.
We, too, wait with eager hope
for the day when God will give us 
our full rights as His adopted children,
including the new bodies
He has promised us."
Romans 8:23


The Holy God and creator of all the universe has promised an inheritance to all those who trust in His Son. He is even now preparing for that glorious day of release from this world and union with Him forever!

I believe Jesus is a sure and solid foundation in a world of shifting blowing sand. His Kingdom is not about torment and fear, but all about power, love, and a calm mind. It is about hoping against hope, poverty of spirit, endurance in trials, peace beyond understanding, and based in a love this world can never give. I cling to Him!

No, I do not know what my future on earth holds, but I don't need to live in constant fear and worry. By faith, I live in expectation of good. When yet another trial, battle, or sorrow engulfs me, I run to this Jesus, who intercedes for me to my Father. I have hope!

The Word of God enlightens my path. It reminds me to be brave and courageous, to endure struggles like a good soldier, to glorify my God in all situations, and to live as a reflection of Jesus every day of my life. What He asks me to do He will provide grace to perform. I live by faith!

"Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a vast crowd or the roar of mighty ocean waves or the crash of loud thunder:
“Praise the LORD!
For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.
    Let us be glad and rejoice,
and let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
and his bride has prepared herself.
   She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.”
For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people.
And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.” And he added, “These are true words that come from God.”
Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers and sisters who testify about their faith in Jesus. Worship only God. For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus." Revelation 19:6-10
"But we are citizens of heaven,
where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
And we are eagerly waiting for Him 
to return as our Savior.
He will take our weak mortal bodies
and change them into 
glorious bodies like His own, 
using the same power with which
He will bring everything 
under His control."
Philippians 3:20,21

And I am eagerly waiting and praying for the most glorious marriage of all time and eternity!

Comments

  1. Very encouraging and inspiring Karyn!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment