Not Ashamed

"So now Jesus and the ones 
He makes holy have the same Father. 
That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them 
His brothers and sisters." 
Hebrews 2:11


How very much we can endure if Jesus is not ashamed to call us His brothers and sisters! He wants to make us holy, but there are many things we must endure throughout the process. Are we willing to continue even when there is pain involved?



Here is just one example of what it may take for Jesus to make us holy...

Rejection. Have you ever felt the sting of it? I have. And it hurts. If I would try to be strong and spiritual, I would claim it does not hurt, I do not mind, I can handle it just fine. But if I am honest, it is painful to be snubbed.

We all like to be accepted, part of the "in" crowd, among the elite. But what happens in our hearts when we don't quite fit in? How do we handle the rejection? I really believe these experiences are for our benefit, painful as they may be.

Jesus, too, was rejected over and over again. Not only that, He was numbered among sinners and given the cold shoulder by the religious people of that day. If He had to face it, I do too. The wonderful thing is that He also has the remedy for the bitter sting!


"Since He Himself has gone through suffering and testing,
He is able to help us when we are being tested."
Hebrews 2:18



How wonderful it is to know the grace and mercy of God our Father is unending toward his children. There are many others ways in which He tests us...misunderstandings, chastenings, failures, disappointments, etc...but He will never leave us. For every trial of life He has the answer, He is the Answer.

Once again, I catch a glimpse of the boundless grace and complete sacrifice for all mankind in the Man Jesus Christ. When he lived here, He kept calling Himself the Son of Man. He became one of us, blazing a trail in front of us so we can follow Him.

While on earth, Jesus overcame every test, and even death itself, so He could be the first (the glorious example) among all of His brothers and sisters to be crowned with honor and glory. He is our pattern for life!

"What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position
'a little lower than the angels';
and because He suffered death for us,
He is now 'crowned with glory and honor.'
Yes, by God's grace, 
Jesus tasted death for everyone.
God, for whom and through whom everything was made,
chose to bring many children into glory.
And it is only right that He should make Jesus,
through His suffering, a perfect leader,
fit to bring them into their salvation."
Hebrews 2:9,10

Behold, I am totally in the most elite group that ever was or ever will be! I am a member of the Body of Christ because I believe His gave His life for mine! I am an heir to the Kingdom of God because I choose to surrender to His will! I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father because His Word says He adopts me into the family by faith!

These light afflictions I must endure here on earth are but a preparation for that place of eternal glory and honor in the Presence of our Father! I do not need to be ashamed of my position on earth as I seek to serve Him, for He is not ashamed of me!



It is a beautiful life when all things are surrendered to the government of Jesus and we truly recognize the blessing in trials! Easy? No! But so exceedingly blessedly beautiful!

Comments

  1. THIS is exactly what I needed today! Thank-you! And God bless you for allowing Him to speak through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! I am so glad it could be of encouragement to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment