Yoder Family Celebration...2

This is too perfectly lovely, staying cozily ensconced with my family in a cute lodge high on a mountain for several days. How did this dream come true? They've been doing this for eight years, now I finally get to join them. My heart keeps saying, "Thank you, Father!" 

Big Timber Lodge at Schweitzer Mountain Resort is our cute chalet!


This darling little stone arch on the front of our house frames a view of the lake away off in the distance.


My own particular view each morning when I awoke was stunning! 



Breakfast and dinner were the two meals we prepared, and in between those, you had to snack and fend for yourself. 



Addisyn and Alexia enjoy their hot chocolate while we sip our first cups of coffee before breakfast even starts. If you haven't picked up on it yet, I was in my happy place with my nieces and nephews around me, for it's a rare occasion indeed!


My mom with two of her grandkids claiming her hugs!



Adrianna came and wanted to sit on my lap, then fell asleep. I always get all delighted when they don't shy away from me even if I am not around them even once a year!


The older nieces and nephews (along with my very own Julian) line up for pizza the first night! I am thrilled Julian got to spend this time with his cousins and I know he loved it!





Adrianna and Mason had a little table all their own!


Shrimp and chicken on the grill (by the brothers) is a tradition every year, and what a treat it is! They definitely know how to do it!



Grandma plays a few games of Mexican Train with the grandkids.




My Dad and Julian share a laugh.



I never tired of the snow-covered scenes...



Of a day we stayed indoors and watched the snow fall...




Our SUVs are getting buried, but it's okay, we are not going anywhere! Oh the joy!





The adults walked up to the village restaurant for dessert and coffee one evening. I got a yummy huckleberry sundae!


A photo of us by the Christmas tree shows up mostly lights!


Opening presents!



Julian and I with my beloved parents!


All of us, minus me, because someone had to take the picture!


It's a place where many wonderful memories were made. It makes me treasure family, and time to talk, play, laugh, and cry together. 

Love. Compassion. Understanding. Sharing. Helping. Loyalty.

Though it's not always all these wonderful things, and we have our struggles like anyone else, still I believe these are the gifts God has given through the beautiful organization we call family.

I give Him honor and thanks for this valuable gift!

Comments

  1. At the little table you posted Addisyn but meant it to be Adri. These pictures already give me nostalgic feelings, so glad you could join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom, I totally missed that, but it's now corrected! Yes, I have the nostalgic feelings too and miss you so much already!

      Delete

Post a Comment