Fifty Years

My husband Dale has reached a momentous milestone today and I wish to honor him! This post is to celebrate him and his life! We might not do huge birthday parties, but our family plans to celebrate him in a small way, today and this weekend. 

He is truly the Zest, the Leader, the Humor, and the Father in our home. We love him and love to be with him!

He was born on January 27, 1966...what a cute little darling!


He is about 6 years of age here, alongside two of his younger siblings, Joan and Ruth.


About 21 years old...



The first time I saw him was at a little country church in Montana. He was visiting friends; I went to see family and friends. It just so happened both of our friends were in the same church! He was from Ohio and I was from Pennsylvania, but it took a trip to Montana to catch our first glimpse of each other!

Though I had never seen him before and had no idea who he was, he caught my attention that Sunday morning and I never forgot him. I was only 14 years old! He was 23. I saw little or nothing of him for several years.

Then, a few months before my eighteenth birthday, God showed me in a clear and dramatic way that this man would be my husband! I was so convinced that I told my Mom. No one, other than my parents, knew anything of it. It remained between God and myself, and I prayed for His direction.

I honestly expected Mom to be a little surprised or skeptical about my "revelation" but she was decidedly calm upon receiving the news. As it turns out, she had been praying about my future spouse, and Dale was already on her mind. Can you explain that? We did not know each other's thoughts or prayers. We certainly did not know Dale. Only a God who cares for every detail of our lives could plan something as beautiful and amazing as that!

At the same time, Dale had an experience almost identical to mine. God was putting all the pieces of our lives together according to His divine plan and in answer to our prayers. To this day, I marvel at it, and wonder why He should have paid such close attention to these flawed, earthen vessels. It speaks of a love that human heart cannot understand but must receive by faith.

We were married a little over a year later and so blissfully happy! 


I have had the privilege of sharing twenty-two wonderful years of married life with him. No, its not all glamorous glowing glory. In all honesty, I sometimes think we have had more extreme highs and desperate lows than the average married couple, but I am delighted that God brought us together. It has been a rich and fulfilling life! And we know the One Who holds us in His hand will never leave us.




If you want to read Dale's testimony, he was asked to write it a few years ago, and we have copies available! It is an encouragement to hope in God, no matter the struggles you might face, for He is the answer to all of life's problems.



Our family photo, taken by Modern Life Photography...


My prayer is that the abundance of God's grace will shine brighter and brighter through our lives in the coming year! 

And happy 50th birthday to my Dale! This is his kind of birthday cake!



It's a creation of Jacquelyn's...Toffee Crunch Cheesecake...most delectable!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Dale! And thanks for sharing your story a bit, Karyn. Interesting read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Karyn!!! We have been so blessed to have you as friends!!! Your beautiful family is VERY SPECIAL to us! We love and appreciate you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read his testimony. Is it available online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, it is not available online, but I can send the booklet to you if you email your mailing address to me! My email is karynscottage@gmail.com Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I would also love to read his testimony. How much for the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, we do not charge for the book or our CDs! If you want to give a donation, that is fine but not required. Our cost is probably around $6 to $8 dollars per copy. If you email your mailing address to me, I will send it to you. My email address is karynscottage@gmail.com Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment