Remove and Replace

God the Father...

Removes sin
Replaces it with the righteousness of Jesus 
Removes darkness
Replaces it with pure light
Removes fear
Replaces it with glorious peace
Removes hate 
Replaces it with divine love
Removes death
Replaces it with eternal life.

Have I believed the Word of God? Have I surrendered myself to this Father? Have I allowed Him to remove the evil and replace it with good?

Many things can prevent His plan from ever coming to fulfillment. 

~ I try to do it on my own, which will never work.
~ I do not believe Him, so His purpose cannot be carried out in me.
~ I yield to discouragement, and darkness settles in. 
~ I lose faith, without which I cannot see God.

What must I do to activate God's plan of removal and replacement? 

~ I must believe that He is God.
~ I must believe that He will keep His promises.
~ I must allow Him to do the work of salvation.
~ I must choose to follow and obey Him.

Essentially, I must become like a child. This requires shaking off my cloak of intelligent, adult, capable, lofty ideas. Only then will I be in prime condition to humbly receive whatever my Father has to offer.

"Jesus called a little child to Him and put the child among them. Then He said, 'I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.'" Matthew 18:2-4

My conclusion is that most humans are far too strong and proud to become Christians. It takes humility to accept the amazing exchange God the Father has made available. 

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who comes to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him." Hebrews 11:6 

This Kingdom of Heaven offers a beautiful exchange for the filth of the world, but it demands a surrender of my life so that His life can lighten the darkness of my heart and radiate through me.

Comments

  1. Wow how much this ministers and breaks me yet again. ...far too strong and proud, and shaking off my cloak of intelligent, lofty ideas is what got me. So much my tendency. Oh may I become like a child, humbly following Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if you noticed, Anne, I was talking to myself. May God teach us how to walk with Him!

      Delete

Post a Comment