The Honor Of His Name

"Praise the Lord's greatness with me. Let us highly honor His Name together." Psalm 34:3



Is my life an honor to the Name of Jesus? That is the question burning in my heart, for myself, my family, the church, all those who are called by His Name.


Simply stated, Jesus is the one and only refuge for the storm that was or is or is to come. For all time and eternity there is no other safe place. If I do not know Him as my Lord, I am lost, alone, and unprotected.


"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world you will share in all His glory." Colossians 3:1-4


Life, for me, is to be about bringing honor to the Name of my Lord.


If I require notice, vindication, or honor, I will not be found in Christ. He will not know me. He has sacrificed everything possible to rescue me from a dying world. If I then live to myself, to bring attention to my accomplishments, to gather a following to myself, to honor my name, I effectively lock Him out of my life.

But if the purpose of my existence is to represent Him and His kingdom, if He dwells within me by His Spirit, if the light and truth of His kingdom shines from my life, if I honor His Name, He will forever hide me, save me, guide me, love me, and I need not fear harm of any kind.


His kingdom is not of this earth. The Father, now, in this New Covenant age of salvation by His Son, does all things through a heavenly kingdom. The earth will fade away, but His Word will live through all eternity. All around I see a terrible dishonoring of His Name. Am I concerned about it? Do I honor His Name?


"Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey Him, bringing glory to His Name."
Romans 1:5


There is a great and glorious purpose for every follower of Christ...to bring honor to His Name!

Comments


  1. "If I require notice, vindication, or honor, I will not be found in Christ." These lines made me pause & think. May I be free from them so I will be found in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment