Does He Know Me?

On this morning, troubled in mind and spirit, I scarcely know how to address Him, lest He actually does not know me. King, God, Father? But I reach out, I put my faith in His Word and promises. It seems a shocking audacity to attach myself to the King of Heaven's Kingdom.

I am fickle, little, selfish, and comfortable. Meanwhile, in other lands there are Christians tortured in the most brutal manner then martyred by those opposed to Christianity. Near and far, I hear of people who are highly effective servants for Christ, fully committed to the work of the Lord. Here in my ease, I chatter on about mundane events in my life while many lives are in mortal danger.

And I wonder, what shall I call God? Dare I call Him my Father? Does He know me, away at the back of the throng of saints gathered round His great throne? Or, am I just so much rabble, drifting along on the current of Christianity but not a vital, living, functioning representative of His Kingdom?


As you can see, I am face to face with my own sterile brand of Christianity and find myself seriously lacking in discipline, in selflessness, in talent, in commitment, in motivation, in purpose.

I ask again...

Does He know me? What do I look like to Him? What is His perspective? Does He toss me aside like a piece of trash? Am I a speck of dust to be flicked off His arm? A mettlesome fly buzzing round His face?

His answer is...

"Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to Him through the blood of Christ...Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us...We are carefully joined together in Him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord." Ephesians 2:13, 18, 21

What an anchor for a drowning soul! My righteousness is not based on what I do, who I am, where I live, or how I measure up in comparison to another Christian, but solely on the blood that Jesus shed on the cross.

My triumph is in His resurrection.

My life is in His continual intercession before the Father.

This is moment by moment faith in the righteousness of my Savior, Brother, Friend, and Bridegroom. From that relationship of love I serve Him here in my little village in a free but relatively godless society. By virtue of my faith in Him, Jesus sees me clean and redeemed and precious. He loves me.

In return, I am devoted to Him. I am passionate about listening for His Voice and following Him forever. Even during this, my time of questions, I find Him gentle, loving, kind, and available for every need. I love Him.

There is no desire to steal from the beauty of the testimony of Christ in another disciple. Neither am I satisfied with anything less than His absolute best for me. Whatever I eat or drink, wherever I go, whatever I wear, and whatever I say or do, all is for His glory, His honor, His high and holy Kingdom.

There was another woman who had a great need. She had tried many so-called solutions and nothing worked. Then...

"When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind Him through the crowd and touched His robe." Mark 5:27

Jesus' response to her touch, her need, her audacity, is immediate and life-changing. He stopped everything, asked for her, and looked around until she admitted what she had done.

"Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over." Mark 5:34

That is the Lord that I serve! He knows me, even among the vast crowd of those more worthy. He halts the flow of activity around Him in order to meet the need of one person who reaches out and touches Him. I bow in wonder at such love.

Comments

  1. "He knows me, even among the vast crowd of those more worthy."
    Yes. And so humbling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment