Confidence in Christ

I cannot trust my own judgment. 
I cannot trust my own heart. 
I cannot trust my own intellect. 

But I can trust my Father. 
I can trust His Son, Jesus. 
I can trust the Holy Spirit.


That is the meditation of my heart this morning. When I don't have the answers and trials abound, where do I go for shelter and deliverance? The following verses are a perfectly timed answer from the Lord.

I believe this can be the beautiful result of troublesome times...

"We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, 
and we thought we would never live through it. 
In fact, we expected to die. 
But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves 
and learned to rely only on God, Who raises from the dead. 
And He did rescue us from mortal danger, 
and He will rescue us again. 
We have placed our confidence in Him, 
and He will continue to rescue us."
1 Corinthians 1:8-10

It is foolishness for me to think I can know all things and always be right and understand every subject, but I am finding that a stable foundation of complete confidence in my Father (despite my shortcomings) is the most reliable basis for living. As I build upon that support system the structure will be quite solid and secure, a protective shelter in every stormy gale or fierce battle or tumultuous earthquake. I do not need to be afraid of trials, questions, or upheaval!

Complete peace is in Jesus alone. But if my life is hidden in Him by the power of the Holy Spirit all is well.

"We have depended on God's grace,
not on our own human wisdom."
1 Corinthians 1:12


These promises in Corinthians have brought a sense of peace to my soul. The "crushings" will come, we will be "overwhelmed" at times, but if they cause us to fall on our faces before the Lord, the result will be "confidence in Him" in the middle of any test. 

How beautiful is the Kingdom of Heaven! The King of kings is worthy of my full and unashamed confidence. His Word is forever true.

Comments